Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Deck the halls
We've had a fun and busy December so far. Last weekend we went to the Festival of the Trees up here. The kids loved it, even though none of them wanted to see Santa. Landon, because he is too old...sniff...Danica because she saw a friend and was embarrassed (too old)...sniff again....and Amity was just plain shy. She was trying to talk herself into it the whole time, but just couldn't get up close enough to actually talk to him. The trees were beautiful, and it was for our school district, which is a great cause. We finished up our Christmas cards on Saturday, YEA! and I finished up my shopping on Friday. I am done! Yesterday me and Amity cooked some yummy peppermint brownies to kick off the baking season. Since it was so cold outside, I needed to turn on my oven to warm the house up right. I am feeling I will need to make friends with my treadmill again in January. ha ha There is a lot of snow on the ground, and it is defiantly feeling a lot like Christmas around here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Your kids make me laugh. Hayden talked to Santa on Saturday for the 1st time in 5 years. Austin and Wyatt were both screaming and refused to look at him. Oh the joys of Santa. Your house looks so festive. Don't you love the snow.
I can't believe your shopping is done! I'm so jealous. I'm feeling really behind this year. And I too will need to make friends with my treadmill again very soon!
Your house looks beautiful!
Your decorations look wonderful!
Oh my goodness!!!! I love that wall...soooo full of color and life! You go girl!
Wow, all done Christmas shopping?! Lucky! We had to wait to see where our son's mission call was going to be to. Now that we know we can buy for him and then be done! I love how you decorated above the entryway to your basement. SO CUTE!
Your home is so festive. But just where do you store all your decorations? :) I too am jealous your all done and can enjoy the rest of the month. Unlike us procrastinators, who stress over wrapping presents christmas eve night.
Your decorations are lovely!!
Post a Comment