Thursday, November 18, 2010

The power of paint

Over the past few weeks I have been working on a pretty big project.  We got new carpet for our home, so in true Erin style I began a total re- model.  Well, a total re-paint.  I never loved how I did the basement family room before, so I decided it would be a great time to paint before the new carpet went in.  I decided to go totally different than my usual color and style.  I wanted to try some gray.  This little baby was my inspiration.  Once I saw it, I had to have it.
This chair screams total inspiration!  I decided to take the gray from the letters and put it on the walls.  I put v board on the bottom of the walls and painted it white.  Instead of hanging it vertical, we decided to hang it with the lines laying horisontal.  I love it...unusual and way fun!
I painted the rest of the basement a lighter blue gray and the ceiling the same light color.  I love playing with ceilings and treating them like walls.  It gives the room a great pop of unexpected color. I like the way the entertainment center still goes in the room.  It is still one of my favorite pieces Jeff made.  I found some lighter accessories to go in it, and sprayed a lot of my old accessories cream. I love spray paint!
Well,  Here is the room so far. Can't wait to show more projects and the completed project!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love it Erin! So cute! Can't wait to see the rest.

Wish I felt the same about spray paint. :)