Friday, February 25, 2011

Frame it up with base molding

Do you remember this project from a couple of posts back?  How it started like this...
And we were working on this!  Well, I finally finished the project and I love the results.
I knew when I finished the picture it needed something extra, so off to my favorite store (Lowes) we went.  I decided on using base molding for the frame. I liked the chunkiness of the molding. "We"  (meaning Jeff) routered the inside to fit the picture and mitered the corners together.  Impressive building words I just used right.  Jeff is probably  laughing his head off now...hope I spelled them right.  I sprayed the frame black and "we" attached it together.  I displayed it in my entry above my closet.  I love the way it looks up there!

6 comments:

Kendra@Creative Ambitions said...

Erin... I love it! I love where you displayed it, too!! Looks great... and Lowes is one of my fav places, too!

Kendra

Jen said...

I LOVE how this turned out! It's beautiful. You didn't happen to get that picture from MyLDSTemple @ Etsy did you? Just curious! I've seen some similar to that there, and we're thinking about getting one :-)

Moms of all Trades said...

I love this! Looks Amazing, I might need another temple picture! Would love for you to stop by my blog

momsofalltrades.blogspot.com

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Oh that talented Jeff...but it took YOUR creativity!
Mary Ann

Erin said...

So pretty! Loved that poem too. :)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

What a great idea to use that moulding. I couldn't route it (how *do* you spell that darn word?!!) if I was paid a million pounds though so I'm not sure how I'd put it together. Yours looks brlliant though. I love it - and the picture inside too!

Sarahx