Tuesday, August 23, 2016

First Day of school 2016



Yesterday was the first day of school at our house.  It is official, I have a senior. I don't know how feel about that. I am at awe at how fast kids grow up.  I have no idea where the time went. High school has been good for this boy. He has done well. Very well.  There are times I am at awe with how smart, responsible and grown up this kid is. I am excited to see what this year is going to bring.  Landon is excited to be drum major in the band, take AP calculus (seriously?), and have a great time with his friends. He is a good brother to his sisters.  Danica is so happy they are in the same school and she didn't have to start high school alone. He even put a panic button on her phone with his picture she could press in case she got lost.  Made me smile.




Danica started high school yesterday.  I don't know how I feel about that one either.  She was so excited, and so nervous.  I was nervous for her.  She came home all smiles, and had the best day ever.  I was so relieved. Danica also excels in school, so I am excited to watch her grow and learn these next few years.  Her favorite classes were, in this order, journalism, english, and seminary.  She loves to write, and hopes to be an author one day.  Great news, she didn't have to hit the panic button once.




My miss Amity started fifth grade this year.  My baby is in her last year of elementary school.  I do know how this makes me feel...old. She is such a happy, outgoing girl.  She loves her new teacher, and is so excited about being the oldest in the school. She also does well in school, and is so excited to learn everything! She looks up to her brother and sister, and tries to do as well, and keep up with  them in everything.  She is a fantastic tumbler, runner, and loves just about anything athletic.  She is going to learn something new this year, and take art classes.


1 comment:

Ang said...

Your kids are super cute and grown up :) I keep thinking our kids will surely cross paths somewhere at that high school, but I'm thinking they're in different crowds and off just a year. Maybe one of these days! Good luck this year!